Selection criteria for AGN Cross Country Teams 2020
1 Selection into Gauteng North Teams
Athletics Gauteng North will be selecting a team to the Inter Provincial as well as to the National Championship.
1.1 Inter Provincial at Tzaneen.
AGN selectors can select a team of 18 athletes per age category (final number at the discretion of AGN selectors) to represent the province at this event. Athletes must participate in at least three league races. The final decision on team selection lies with the AGN selectors and their selection based on the required criteria will be final. The AGN selectors reserves the right to select less or more than 18 athletes depending on the results of leagues in order for the province to have the strongest possible team representing the province at this event.
- League 1: Transnet Kilner Park (Sat, 18 April)
- League 2: Rhinopark (Sat, 25 April)
- League 3: Asics Night Race (Fri, 08 May)
- League 4: Uitsig High School (Sat, 16 May)
- League 5: TUT Night Race (Fri, 22 May)
The best 18 athletes per age category, who took part in at least three leagues, can be selected based on a comparison of their positions at the leagues they participated in, (final number at the discretion of AGN selectors).
For each athlete the best three positions (of the minimum of 3-Leaques requirement) will be identified after League 5, added-up and then divided by three. Athletes will then be ranked.
(Athlete one positions: 1, 4, 2, 1, 2: Best three: 1, 2, 1 = 4 divided by 3: Rank 1.33)
(Athlete two positions: 2, 3, 1, 3, 3: Best three: 2, 3, 1 = 5 divided by 3: Rank 1.66)
The top 18 athletes per age group can then be selected for the AGN Team to the Inter Provincial meeting, (final number at the discretion of AGN selectors). The AGN selectors reserves the right to select less or more than 18 athletes depending on the results of leagues in order for the province to have the strongest possible team representing the province at this event.
1.2 National Championship at Amanzimtoti.
ASA allows a province to enter a maximum of 18 athletes per age category. AGN selectors intends selecting the full complement allowed by ASA, but it creates challenges for us when something goes wrong during the selection process, because ASA will not allow us to add more athletes to the team. For this reason, and to remove subjectivity from the selection process, the AGN selectors will only consider the results of the AGN championships for the selection of the team, with the provision that athletes comply with the criteria below:
- The top 4 positions at the AGN championships in each age category qualify automatically, even if the athlete did not participate in enough league events.
- The athletes in position 5 to 18 in each age category must also comply with the criteria below. If not, they will not be included in the AGN Team. The selectors will then look at athlete number 19, followed by athlete number 20, until athletes are found that did comply with the criteria.
- Athletes in age categories 14 years and older (including secondary schools): A top 50 position in any two of the four main season leagues [schools events] plus the AGN Championship, which is compulsory.
- Senior, Junior and Master Athletes: Two top 50 positions in the pre-season leagues, plus two of the four leagues in the main season plus the AGN Championship, which is compulsory. The Junior Men and Junior Women that do not belong to a school can compete in these leagues. The Wednesday races at the Secondary schools also count for selecting of the AGN team, at least two of the four races must be run.
- Athletes in age categories 13 years and younger [primary schools athletes]: A top 50 position in any two of the four main season leagues [schools events] plus the AGN Championship, which is compulsory.
Please note: Athletes that are 13 years and younger need to participate in the primary schools events to fill their quota of leagues, even if they are already in secondary school. Similarly, athletes 14 years and older need to participate in the secondary schools events to fulfil their leagues.
AGN selectors will only consider the results of the AGN Championships for the selection of the team. If an athlete did not run at the AGN Championships, or did not complete the race, he or she will not be considered for the AGN team to go to the SA Championships. No sick letters will be accepted. NO EXCEPTION.
2 Email List
If you received this email, but you are no longer interested in receiving cross country information, please reply to this mail and we will remove you from the list. If you know of any other person who would like to receive our email, please forward their address to us so that we can add them to the list.
3 Contact Detail
You can contact the Athletics Gauteng North office at 012 327 4932 or at email@example.com during office hours 08:00 to 16:00.You can also visit our web page at https://www.agn.co.za.
Chairperson: AGN Cross Country Commission
Cell number: 082 823 8883
Notice : Sub Youth Track & Field League 5 A Program is Cancelled
Date :19 October 2019
Venue :Prestige College Hammanskraal
Next meeting will take place on 26 October 2019 at Bestmed Tuks stadium (B Program)
Therefore athletes will only have to participate in 2 league meetings as well as AGN Championships to be considered for AGN Team that will be participating on 23 November 2019 in the Inter Provincial at Sasolburg.
All Technical Officials of AGN are invited to a Technical Officials Symposium that will take place as follows:
Date: Saturday, 2 November 2019
Venue: FNB Auditotium at Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) MAIN
Registration: 08:00 to 08:30
Costs: R200 per Technical Official (inclusive of an IAAF 2020-2021 Rule
Book as soon as it is available)
Program: 09:00 – 16:00
The program will include:
- The Role of Technical Officials at Road Races
- Recent important Changes to the ASA Rules
- ASA Rules and Foreign Athletes
- Group Discussions on specific topics
Please send your names to Herold Makola with your proof of payment to email “firstname.lastname@example.org” by no later than 25 October 2019.
METHOD OF PAYMENT IS EFT
BANKING DETAILS. ABSA QUAGGA CENTER / BRANCH CODE 632005 / ACCOUNT NO. 4056373566
For more detail please contact Pieter de Jager at 083 442 4295 / Herold Makola at 073 907 8763
- Notice of the Track & Field league 2
- Program B
- Venue :BestMed Tuks Stadium
- Date: 21 September 2019
Good day All,
Please take note that due to unforeseen circumstances the Sub Youth T&F Meeting scheduled for 31 August 2019 (A- Program) at TUT PTA WEST will not take place.
Communication regard the new date will be forwarded to you in due course.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
A Race Walking Judges Course will take place on the 22nd June 2019 at TUT, Staatsartellerie Road, Pretoria West.
A commitment fee of R250.00 is payable on the commencement date.
Please confirm your availability by the 14 June 2019 with Harold Makola at email@example.com
Phobians Athletics Club is starting a monthly walking clinic at their grounds in Lynnwood.
Entrance is free, and all walkers are welcome.
The first session is 6 June 2019 from 17:00 – 18:00
Enquiries: Erika Esterhuyse – 072 417 0510
ASA Team to 2019 CAA African Youth and Junior Championships
Please find attached the Team that will represent South Africa at the 2019 CAA African Youth and Junior Championships in Abidjan, Ivory Coast from 16 – 20 April 2019.
AGN Youth, Junior and Senior Championships – Bestmed Tuks Stadium – 15/16 March 2019
Please take note of the following:
Event 237 and 238 is 10 km Walk and not 5 km Walk as indicated on the program. An updated program will follow.
- Forward Entry forms with proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 11 March 2019 16:00. You will receive a confirmation email that entry form is received.
- No telephonic entries will be accepted.
- No late entries will be accepted.
Athletics Gauteng North
Account number: 4056373566
Reference: Name and Surname
Age groups are as follows:
U18 (16/17) Born in 2002,2003
U20 (18/19) Born in 2000,20001
Seniors – Born in 1999 and earlier
Program | Leauge 8 | Bestmed TUKS Stadium | 23 February 2019
This program is only for Juniors and Seniors this weekend (Not Youth)
Age groups are as follows:
Seniors – Born 1999 and before
Juniors (18/19) U20 – Born 2000, 2001
Enquiries: Sipho Shawe – 072 525 4055
Chairperson: Track and Field
League 5 – 16 Feb 2019 – Cancelled For Seniors – Only For School Districts
The track and field commission of AGN would like to inform all our athletes that the league for this coming Saturday, 16 Feb 2019, will ONLY be catering for School Districts.
We could not secure the combination of this event, with the Schools.
However, we are striving to have all our leagues be a success.
My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.